Using Corel to Convert a RASTER image file to VECTOR type for importing into LaserCut ...
Doing this conversion is sometimes easier to complete if you use MS Paint, Corel, and LaserCut 5.3. please follow the steps laid out here. I will be using the A2MASK76.bmp as my starting file.
1) Open the A2MASK76.bmp file in MS Paint.
2) Use the "Erase" and "Fill" tools to remove the background.
3) Use the "Erase" and "Fill" tools to remove the colors inside the image sections.
4) With all the background and fill colors removed, save te file. It is best to save as a new file name such as A2MASK76_BW.bmp.
1) Open a new project in Corel.
2) Select menu to import a file.
3) Import the modified BMP graphic file.
4) Place the graphic on the Corel workspace.
5) Select the menu item to resample the picture.
6) Please select these settings to make it easier for Corel to tune the picture into a vector image.
7) Select the menu item to Trace the image to a vector drawing.
8) Select the proper settings in the PowerTrace window to get the best line shaping for your image.
9) The newly made vector image will most likely be positioned directly over the old BMP image. Select the new vector components and then select the menu Item to export the newly made vector image. *** Do NOT select the old Raster image. The raster image would embed into the DXF file and will likely crash LaserCut 5.3.
10) Select the file DXF type, location, and name.
11) Select DXF settings as version: AutoCAD 2000, Units as millimeters, Text as Curves, Bitmap as JPEG, Unmapped fills with Black.
12) Close or minimize the Corel Project.
13) I used AutoCAD to verify the file conversion worked correctly.
14) Open LaserCut 5.3 with a new project or into your existing project.
15) Select menu to import a file.
16) Select the AutoCAD DXF 2000 file to import. LaserCut works BEST with this version of AutoCAD DXF file.
17) The file is imported. Notice the graphic may have many line segments. You can use the "Unite" tool to combine the segments. Combined segments will engrave or cut more efficiently.
18) Select menu to save the file.
19) Declare the file name and location to save the file.
20) Use the Download Manager to send the project to the laser machine.
My original A2MASK76.bmp File
The line drawing that was trimmed with Paint A2MASK76_WB.bmp File